Please, I’m trying to win a bet with my friends
20? I don’t believe it
I believe there should be a Sir in there somewhere.
Of course he was knighted for his talents in
Saw him and Ian McKellen doing Waiting for Godot live on stage. *buffs nails on shirt* Simon Callow, too.
Mr Takei, I would marry you in a heart beat
oh my god I love this man
i love how half of them can’t even form a proper sentence
BEST THING I’VE SEEN TODAY! I LOVE THIS MAN!
You know you need a transparent 3D Nick saying “Objection!” on your blog.
“you shouldn’t be depressed, people have it worse than you”
finally, after years of searching, the person with the worst life ever is found. formally, they are granted permission to be sad. but only them. only they have earned it. no sads for anyone else at all ever
WHERE IS THIS PLACE
I MUST GO THERE
So this isn’t far from where I live. New life goal found!
Yes, I play videogames :)<3
Yes, I drink coke. :) <3
Yah i play vidya gaem 2
Yes, I own a coffee table :)<3
Yes, I use paper towels :)<3
Yes, I use lamps :) <3
I’ll probably keep on reblogging this from myself until the end of times.
Philadelphia: High school students walk out of class and march to City Hall to protest severe budget cuts and planned school closings, May 9, 2013.
The budget cuts are absolutely horrific. Here are some of the proposed changes:
- Schools with more than 1,000 students would no longer be required to have librarians or librarian assistants.
- Schools would no longer be required to have counselors, and counselors’ caseloads would no longer be capped.
- Teachers could be assigned to unlimited classes outside their subject area, and high school teachers could be assigned an extra class without pay. There would be no limit on amount of consecutive time taught in a school day.
- There would be no limit on class size
- The district would no longer be required to provide copy machines, or “a sufficient number of instructional materials and textbooks.”
- Counselors would no longer be guaranteed to have rooms with privacy and confidentiality, a telephone, a locked filing cabinet and a door.
There’s more here.
notice most of the posters are children of color
I just want you to notice
YEAH FUCK YOU
The funny thing about this is that her breakup songs garner infinitely more attention than the non-breakup songs.
After all, it’s not quite so easy to ignore the fact that an artist releases a song as a single where it contains a line that says, “That’s fine, I’ll tell mine you’re gay,” and receives such a negative response as a result that she changes the line and re-issues it as an attempt to cover her ass and be like SRY GAYS I MEAN GUYS JK LOLOLOL I SUPPORT U
It’s also difficult to ignore the fact that she released two versions of Forever and Always, with the first version being fast and assaulting, where the second version released was accompanied solely by a piano and making her paint herself as the victim. Again.
Or the fact that she fucking remixed You’re Not Sorry to help promote her episode of CSI.
Or the fact that, without naming names, she says Camilla Belle is “better known for the things that she does on the mattress.”
For being a very popular 23-year-old idol to many impressionable girls, she is not setting a positive example for them.
So, let me say this once and only once: The number of her breakup songs doesn’t mean a thing; it’s their influence and the way she presents herself in accordance with them that truly causes her to garner such a powerfully negative air with regards to them. The content of the music is where the negativity is spawned, and just because she has almost twice as many non-breakup songs to breakup songs in her catalog doesn’t mean a damned thing, and not to mention that some of her non-breakup songs are just as bad.
Like Mean, for instance. “All you are is mean, and a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life and mean.”
Or You Belong With Me. “She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts.” So, what, it’s wrong for a girl to wear short skirts if she wants to? That automatically makes her a target?
Or, how about Stay Stay Stay. Let’s look at the fucking opening lines— “I’m pretty sure we almost broke up last night; I threw my phone across the room at you.”
Way to go, Taylor. Even though that’s not a breakup song, you’re still doing a hell of a job conveying a positive message to your impressionable listeners.
But then again, what do I know. I mean, it’s not like I have listened to every single song she has ever commercially released since the beginning. It’s not like I’m familiar with all of her content. It’s not like I have a single goddamned clue as to what I’m talking about.
Don’t you ever fucking tell me that just because she has less breakup songs than non-breakup songs that that somehow makes the things she does somehow okay or better.
the amount of stupidity in that response is appalling.
Really? Well then, perhaps you’d care to educate me. After all, your rebuttal is most compelling; I’d like an expansion upon it, if you please. It shouldn’t be much of a chore for someone like you.
I’d love to.
1) the whole “That’s fine I’ll tell mine you’re gay” wasn’t meant as an insult against gays. Its literally saying, “I’ll tell my friends youre gay so thats why we broke up. you tell your friends a lie, and I’ll tell mine a lie” That lyric was written when she was 16, and SHE changed it before it became a single. youre 24 years old, think back to when you were 16. Did you ever say something you didnt mean, and then later took it back? exactly.
2) She released two versions of Forever and Always, youre right. You pulled the part about making it slower to paint herself as being victimized, straight out of your ass. It’s a more emotional portrayal of the song. That song was written right before the album released, taking a spot of a different song that was meant to be on it. she later went back and made it more emotional. I’m not quite sure how that paints her as a victim. that song wasnt even a single, and wasnt even on the normal edition of the album.
3) Have you ever thought that MAYBE just MAYBE the directors and producers of CSI wanted her to remix it? she never released the remixed version, it was never on an album.
4) the fact that she has said ‘shes better known for the things that she does on the mattress” is FAR better than half of the crap thats on the radios now. not to mention, BTR wasnt a single.
5) I guess she’s not supposed to stand up for herself in Mean. Just let others (like you) knock her down.
6) OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. its people like you that make me want to rip my hair out. Have you noticed that Taylor never once said it was bad to wear shorts skirts? or that its better to wear sneakers? shes simply pointing out the differences between herself and this girl. Taylor has always been on the bleachers, hidden from this boy, whereas the girl is popular, has friends, is a cheerleader. she never said this girl is a slut, whore, not good for him, NEVER. she pointed out the fucking differences.
7) Stay Stay Stay. your argument in this is just ridiculous. its a silly song. sorry, I forgot that thats just way too negative for people to hear. lets change the radio station to play “‘cause I may be bad but I’m perfectly good at it, sex in the air I don’t care I love the smell of it, sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me”
8) youre right. “what do you know?” Nothing. You said yourself, you havent listened to her songs.
9) I can tell you, from personal experience, I’ve been listening to Taylor Swift since I was 12 years old. She has shaped me in ways that my parents or friends never could. Because people havent always been there for me, but music always has. so you can take your anti taylor swift opinion and shove it up your ass.
I’m not even a Taylor Swift blog, I just like her music. But the person above me is right. Please, before you start dissing Taylor’s music look at what other songs are like or how someone else may like them.
Kind of turned out different than I originally intended but anyway, bam! I am finished this drawing so I now I may sleep.
o<—< For all of eternity.
Unfortunately, this is a real restaurant and that is a real response. Their page was not hacked and thus trolled (that I know of). The owners are just really crazy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LY7TJ16pg